View Single Post
Old 2009-08-02, 16:21   Link #282
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post

It seems that Blackbeard's plans changed from what they initially were (going after Luffy to earn himself the vacant spot in the shichibukai). Defeating Ace and putting him in the WG's custody served as the catalyst for this great war to occur. Consequently, it wouldn't matter which side would be victorious in this war, because either way his opposition would be severely weakened after it is over. Blackbeard's whole goal is to rule the seas unopposed, and what better way to do this than to not get his own hands dirty? This situation is too convenient for Blackbeard, so of course he's going to take full advantage of it in this special case.
Yeah, it seems that way. All we can tell thus far is that Blackbeard's plan had involved becoming part of the Shichibukai, and therefore, probably manipulating the World Government and/or the Marines in some manner. It may be possible to assume that his initial plan was using his influence in the World Government to stir up a huge chaotic situation, like this war, but as you said, fate intervened and let this work out for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Now, one thing that we have to ask ourselves, would something of this magnitude have happened if Luffy was in Ace's shoes instead? Probably not since Luffy has no affiliation with a world power and because he is not nearly as infamous as Ace is. Then again, Luffy does have ties with Dragon, Garp, and Shanks, so who knows how things would have turned out? If fate didn't intervene, Blackbeard's plan would have played out quite differently, and thus he may have taken a different approach as to how to get rid of Whitebeard.
Good question. While Luffy does have connections to different powers, it's difficult to say if Teach knew any of that. Also, while Shanks is loyal to his nakama, Whitebeard is the one who has the reputation for making anyone who messes with his nakama pay. And Whitebeard seems to be the one who's the most able to take out the World Government (Sengoku: this man has the power to destroy the world), so it seems like Blackbeard probably would have aimed for something like that one way or another.

I foresee Blackbeard somehow coming out on top of this whole situation, and maybe being the main protagonist of the next arc. I'm pretty sure Ace is going to be saved, since Luffy's drive has proved to always get him what he wants, but I don't think this arc will be a completely happy ending. I think it's safe to assume that Ace is stronger than Luffy, though it's probably debatable. Also, I think Ace will still want to teach Blackbeard his lesson, so I think he'll be going after him once this war arc is all said and done. But all of this depends on the specific of Teach's plan and how events unfold.