View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 23:23   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Ah, just when I was starting to respect Akane for her slow build-up towards challenging the status quo of this warped society she's blindly accepted prior to being on the front edge as a Protector, she turns out to be a weak shell of a human after-all.

I realize this death will be a catalyst, and when we're done with this series, this event will likely be looked back as what started Akane for real on the path to whatever she ends up being at the very end, but still...Akane, you are a pitiful human being at this particular moment.

May you grow into something less pathetic in the next 12 episodes.

Edit: I find arguments that using a real firearm is too much to expect from her to be hilarious, and seemingly missing the entire point of that speech and event. The damn dominator boils people into blood splatters. Silver-hair is right. People like Akane have given up any sense of self-determination by transferring personal responsibility to a machine. Here, in this moment, where she was given a chance to make a decision entirely on her own, with her friend's life on the line, she balked. I would be more forgiving if we were talking about making the choice between decaf or caffeinated, but this? If I was Silver-hair, I'd be disgusted and disappointed in Akane as well.
I think you are the one missing the point. There was no win for Akane in this situation. If Akane could have calmly aimed and fired with that gun he never would have thrown it to her. If she could have he would have killed her instead. This is someone who plays games with people, but never puts himself in real harm. There's a good reason Kogami believed he had gone to that professor's lectures to learn profiling. If it was someone he knew would be able to shoot him he would have used the shotgun himself to take them out.

I think it's a bit ridiculous to call her pathetic at this point. She's worked to expand herself and not just be chained down to the system and at the first bump in the road she's pathetic? Being able to calmly blow someone away in a stressful hostage situation with a gun she's not familiar with isn't something most people would be capable of.

Of course think this whole post is nuts. It's better to balk on a question of what to drink, but not whether or not to kill someone?