View Single Post
Old 2008-09-23, 20:37   Link #83
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
To some extent... its kind of interesting watching a pack of testicle-waving "tough wall street bulls" so rapidly dissolve into screaming little girl squids because "mommy" might be telling them to play nicer.

Cheering my Oregon congresspeople on for saying "hey wait a minute!" (both the Dem and Repubs). Actually, I'm cheering on all the Repubs in the Senate and House saying "hey wait a minute" when they're reading the fine print.
First clear indication that the fascist lock-step might be shearing a bit.
Gosh, I really love the way you put things sometimes Vexx; it always gives me a good chuckle.

In response to the videos Karasuma posted up...

It kind of bothers me that I am not really able to understand the second video. Unless someone is knowledgeable in both finances and economics, it is hard to know if certain plans are reliable or not. I can't understand very much from the solution video and neither can average American folks I would bet as well. As far as the average American knows, the banks gave out loans they shouldn't of to people who were not capable of paying them off. Now the financial institutions got bit in the ass and the whole public suffers for their greed.

Yeah, it is not diffcult to understand the very basics of the situation, but even then the problem is a lot more complicated and can be traced down to may different roots. However, the big problem is that a majority of people do not have the knowledge to know how to fix it. People are going to go into a 2008 election not knowing anything about our economy really and then are going to end up voting for the person they trust more on the economy (Which more often than not depends on how much a person bull shits the public about our situation with statements like "I'll get the money back into the taxpayers hands with this plan I just pulled out of my ass!"

It bothers me how naive and ignorant the masses in America are with our current situation. The government kept us so much in the dark, even spouting out how the banks were sound weeks before this crises, to the point that a lot of people did not see this coming (My family knew it was coming since a year and a half ago). Now the public is still in the dark regarding what is actually the best solution for this and how bad our situation really is.

Just one of the flaws with our half-assed democracy in this country, there is not equal access to information that is very important to us. Same reason we got in the Iraq war, the same reason this crap is happening under many people's noses.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote