View Single Post
Old 2009-08-26, 15:26   Link #23
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That in and of itself, no. But to pretend to be a bad actor just so that somebody else won't catch on that you're actually a good actor just so that this same somebody won't start to grow suspicious and start guessing at things...

That's either extreme paranoia on Itsuki's part, or meticulously planning out everything he does in a very L and Light Yagami way.
You have a point. I can see the organization being that paranoic, though. Entreteining Haruhi is Serious Business.

Quote:
Also, where is this idea that Koizumi is a great actor coming from in the first place? What evidence is there for that? It strikes me as pure speculation.
Lone Island. No one noticed he was playing the wholle thing. Never said he is a great actor. But better then he showed in the movie, where it was really obvious he was acting. Also, you could say more or less his entire life is a act, yet, Haruhi don't noiced it. And he (almost) never make his true feeling slip behind his cherful mask. Not a great actor, but enough to hide his own emotions.

Quote:
It's more than pure speculation, Heatth.

This idea that Koizumi is constantly putting on this great flamboyant act for Kyon and Haruhi, but then is so incredibly careful that when he actually acts in a movie he goes out of his way to deliberately degrade his acting ability just to put off possible suspicion... man, I'm not buying that at all. That's insane levels of facade-casting. It really is right up there with Light Yagami.
This... was not responding to the quote right? I was talking about his behaviour on novel 5 and 9, not about his possible chess maestry.
Spoiler for novel 6, I believe:

Also, if it is true, I think the plan is not his, but of the Organization.

PP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Consider that he (believes he) constantly faces the risk of an unstable god destroying the world. I believe an insane level of facade-casting is justified.
Good point. For Itsuki, and the organization as a wholle, Haruhi is pretty unstable and they afraid anything that might angry/bore/unplease her. He even told Kyon, in Day of Sagitarous, he envy Kyon for not being afraid Haruhi might destroy the world if they lose the game.