View Single Post
Old 2003-11-30, 20:14   Link #41
EliteJounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
I don't see anything wrong with Sasuke.

I like his character, makes him a perfect companion and rival for naruto, they are opposites.

Spoiler:

As for him ignoring Sakura, I don't think he ever liked her. You don't have to act nice to everyone. Who cares if a girl loves you with all her heart, he don't have to love her back.

You people make it seem like he has to like everyone. Remember he finds Sakura annoying and cold hearted.
He doesnt find her cold-hearted... just annoying.

And you know? I find it funny that some of you guys, not all, are hating Sasuke just because he's like that. Like some other people said on this thread... his personality and behavior is similar to other characters in other anime shows. As you have described: selfish, egotistical, and all that other bad stuff you say about him. That's a hypocritical comment. Why dont you say that about Naruto. Naruto is surely egotistical... actually he was in the earlier episodes. Not as much now.
Anyways... if you compared them both... Naruto was even more conceited than Sasuke. Yet you notice this about Sasuke and not Naruto. Funny...
I do admit that he is self-centered, but he cares for his comrades.

You dont like him but you'd like that anime character who is almost like him? Possibly, some of you people dont like him just because others dont like him. While others truly dont like him. I see that most of you gained a hatred fot him because of what some other people think of him and so you have been persuaded to not liking him. What annoys me, though, is how some of you "Sasuke-haters" make up new terms for him that dont describe him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
sasuke is a bitch, cry baby, self loathing, wanna-be-sharingan-master, with a bug up his ass... i hope he falls off a cliff and doesnt summon something to break is fall
Cry-baby and wanna be Sharingan Master? Really... when did he cry and how is he a wanna be Sharingan master? He goal is to be the strongest shinobi so he can defeat his brother. Lets not forget that he wants to resurrect his clan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malta
Sasuke just represents a lot of the darker and more complicated emotions. I personally find him to be much more complex and interesting than Naruto, generally more realistic as a human character. A lot of people aren't great at accepting things and moving on. There are very few people like Naruto in the world, really, I think...and many more like Sasuke. Negativity appeals to me, I guess it doesn't to most. Evil bastards are just more phun. And they're teh sexi. Well. Not Orochimaru.

It seems funny how people like Shika for being lazy, and yet criticise Sasuke for it. Not quite sure how this makes him unlikeable, but that could just be because I've never admired hardworkers and that whole attitude. Losers. Heh. I liked pre-Naruto influenced Neji. It's a shame the main theme in the manga is 'hardworkers always win!!!111' but there are far too many intriguing characters to abandon it.

Uh. Anyway, back to Sasuke. He's a selfish little thing, too. Although he protects Naruto in the Haku fight, and later, it's for his own selfish reason of not wanting to see anyone important to him die. It's all about HIM. I suppose that's another thing the average person dislikes?
Yep... that is what i mean. "It seems funny how people like Shika for being lazy, and yet criticise Sasuke for it."