View Single Post
Old 2011-11-09, 04:13   Link #126
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I don't think it's that easy or they would have probably given Woolf's custom Genoace a Dodds rifle by now. I think they might actually need actual combat data per production, not per weapon type, but don't quote me on that as it does seem a little strange that it wouldn't save the data gathered from Nora.
That does seem a bit weird if it was true, I'm pretty sure that Flit saved the combat data in the last episode to the AGE System via Haro. Data also seems pretty easily replicable these days so it would be weird if they need actual combat data per production because the DODS used by AGE-1 is still the same.

Even if specific combat data is needed at a specific time, I would find it VERY hard to believe that the AGE Builder did not save data of the DODS Rifle schematic (which was made in response to real combat data) because the DODS Rifle is sort of like a "response data output" to a problem presented by combat data. Even if this was not the case that the AGE System did not save either the real time combat data or the DODS Rifle creation data (which I find hard to believe in a high tech spaceage, let alone on a state of the art information and creation like the AGE System), I find it hard to believe they could not just scan the DODS Rifle and make another one since they already physically made one. The only reasoning I can see is cost, even then I would find a bit weird because the ability to damage the UE seems to be worth a lot in my opinion.

The other possibility that I can think of is that output of the DODS Rifle actually is not strong enough if used by a weaker suit like the Genoace Custom. Its possible that the weapons in AGE are still reliant electricity powerplant output from the MS and that can reduce the beam output if the MS powerplant cannot give it enough. If the DODS Rifle linearts and Episode 3 are any indication, the rifle does have an ammunition limit and its possible that only the beam particles are stored in the magazine while electricity output that is possibly an important variable factor in damage comes from the MS itself. I recall Woolf only shot at asteroids in Episode 4 and he did not have a real beam rifle of his own. I really do wish they release more actual mechanical data on the mechs soon or eventually because its hard to work purely with speculations over speculations alone.

Of course, if this is true, then the Genoace Custom is gonna be screwed no matter what weapon it uses............

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-11-09 at 04:24.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote