View Single Post
Old 2008-06-14, 08:42   Link #695
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
weather wise, tokyo has all seasons, i've been caught in a snow storm that made a 30mins journey = 3hours x.x
came in during september, it was near 30C, dec = minus temps and back in spring the temp will shoot straight up.
Of course rainy season at the moment = endless days of rain, rain rain, i'm sure i wrote about it driving me insane at some point.
Oh, can't forget the lovely blood sucking vamps too that come out to play (mosquitoes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Off the top of my head:
  • Tsukiji Market (for fresh sushi; visit before it's gone; I read that it's moving soon)
  • Shibuya (for the iconic youth culture of Japan; there is a major Mandarake store there as well)
  • Harajuku (where the cosplayers hang out on weekends at Takeshi-dori, a sidestreet behind Harajuku; or so I read, because I didn't see them)
  • The Imperial Palace (especially during sakura season)
  • Asakusa (to see the famous Rei-mon)
  • Tokyo University (to re-live your favourite Love Hina! moments )
  • Sony Building, in Ginza (to see the latest gadgets)
  • Akihabara (if you're an otaku, need I say more?)
Actually, I just realised all the above is out-of-topic. There's a Visiting Japan thread which may be a better place for more answers.
anyways for harajuku, you need to go to the bridge on a sunday, some examples (not my entire collection, lol) of some of the styles there.

hara 1
hara 2
hara 3

Also make sure to take a 10min walk to visit the meiji shrine that's around the corner, you may get lucky like we did and experience this:
meiji shrine
Spoiler for procession:

best place on the net for anything japan was well can be found here:
http://web-japan.org/
they've changed the website a lil since i last used it, but as you can see under 'content' it's basically a gateway to just about anything related to japan that you can thing of
(Kids web japan is awesome and just not for kids!!!!) ^^

Anyways happy researching FateAnomaly

edit:
funny how i only notice now about the 'visiting japan' thread, lol.
Well i guess posts can be merged into there from when fate asked the question, if it's really out of place...

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2008-06-14 at 08:56.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote