View Single Post
Old 2009-10-29, 17:31   Link #105
ParasolPop

I heard the Jessica/Kanon fans were raging about this episode, and I can see why. I adore the pairing too, but I knew that their meeting would be cut. That waffle about 'the princess with the golden hair', and 'the cowardly servant boy' I knew would never be left in. I'm glad they left in the, 'call me Jessica' part, though. I liked how sudden Beato's piercing was. YES, AWESOME MUSIC. 'あかいくつ偽' is a God tier song. That truly was an excellent scene. Enthralling, full of suspence right up until Evatrice went to stomp on her heart. Playing 'core' as they went into the meta-world was a nice touch, as was Beato blushing. Oh Evatrice, knocking over poor Ronove's tea. ;_;

Awesome, 'Dread of the grave'. I liked the colouring while Beato was fishing through Hideyoshi's pockets, actually. Very subdued. There was something sinister about the way Virgilia looked when she said she gained a good disciple. Understandable, considering what happens in the next few scenes. Oh, that scene with Beatrice and Battler killed me. It's good to see Battler crying again. Battler_crying_with_hand_in_pocket.jpg also kills me, but in a totally different way, hah. Really nice effect when everyone disintegrated into gold butterflies. No, Battler. Don't cry. Oh, nooooo, the shooting scene I didn't like at all, I have to say. The eyes are too... urgh, just weird. It had an impact in the VN because they were totally blank, and soulless. The shooting sound as we went straight into the music also really helped.

'Happiness of Marionette', at long last! I really like how DEEN spruced it up, and made it sound all orchestrated. Placing Gohda next to some of the goats was hilarious. Lol, DEEN. The, 'sign, sign!' part wasn't as unsettling as it was in the VN, not even their faces helped. I'm glad they weren't just any old crazyfaces though. Their teeth on the other hand, was a whole different level of scary. Yes, Ange! Break through that illusion. The song they played was totally apt, whatever it was. Very eerie. And oddly enough, DEEN did that part way better than it was in the VN. They made Beato's hesitation much more obvious, and you could tell that she really was conflicted. Ange's seyiuu is perfect, I couldn't be happier. She sounds serious when she needs to be, but not overpoweringly so.

Oh Lambda, you lovable little lesbian. Oh my, the year haven't been kind to Eva, have they? :That scene with Ange starting down the building was beautiful, I'm really impressed with that. But I thought she saw Bernkastel after she started falling? Guess I picked that up wrong. Or maybe I just can't really remember. What would have made that scene even more perfect is playing 'active pain', but I guess I'm content either way.