View Single Post
Old 2012-01-06, 20:12   Link #386
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Plus, Yuuno is the more flexible THINKER. She's far from stupid, but thinking is not so much Arf's strong point.

She doesn't strike me as a particularly talented teacher either, given that teaching involves a lot of detailed explanations and figuring out how to make them simple enough to understand. (A talent that Yuuno honed when teaching Nanoha. "As expected of Yuuno-kun; easy to understand!")

Does Arf strike you as "eloquent"?
I disagree here. Arf may not be a full fledged investigator like Yuuno but she's pretty smart and clever, also tends to point out things that escapes the common sense of other characters(i remeber when the A's cast were scratching their heads about what to do with the Defense Program, Yuuno included. Until Arf just took all of them back to earth and comes with a simple-yet-effective plan).

Arf also have various characteristics of a pretty good teacher, if a bit different from Yuuno's, what the ferret have in cultural knowledgea and lecturing skills Arf posses in actuall training skills and combat experience. As novalysis pointed out, she has also taken care of a few magical kids in her past as also assisting her in sharpening her skills during the early years after Lynith's dissapearance.

Also, being througly eloquent isn't a default skill to be a teacher, Nove isn't the most eloquent person in the world(lampshaded mercilessly by all the other numbers xDU) but no one denias she's an excellent teacher to Vivio and the other girls. also Zafira who is silence personified comes up as quite the excelent teacher. Arf is a hot head when it comes to personal issues cause she's pretty emotional but she also has the capacity to be serious and do her job reasonably well. On the contrary, she won't be assisting Yuuno in the Ininfinite Library on first place xDU.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote