Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-11, 16:46   Link #97
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Wow. Episode 1 went by so quickly! Even allowing for the fact that CR hung for a bit, it seemed so very, very short. I guess my irrational fear that s2 couldn't possibly engage me as much as s1 did was just that... an irrational fear.
You have no idea how much this feared me, I was really dreading on watching this episode because what if this series joins the list of horrible sequels and anime have plenty of those (just think Eureka 7 of last year)
Instead after two minutes, hearing the BGM, seeing and hearing the characters my reaction was pretty similar to the reaction of Taichi and Chihaya when they saw Arata play caruta for the first time after three years.

And I know this is the first episode, so we have to thread carefully here but it looks the show got an animation bump. The storyboarding in the opening was excellent (particularly like the rotating caruta moment and when the three leads are looking at the each other across the tracks) and I thought it was better than the first opening but I don't like the song much, maybe it will grow on me.

As for the episode itself I thought it was paced slightly too fast and I can't say I'm liking Sumire at the moment. I'm rather curious at the sole guy amongst the new comers based on the opening it looks like he has a dark side as well.