View Single Post
Old 2012-02-15, 09:43   Link #408
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
Grr, that's one of those things that frustrates me in EP8 - all the humans are portrayed with this really frank, cavalier disregard for their own deaths. Jessica's all "Yeah, I'm dead, but it's cool. I got my boyfran, in da Golden Lan.", and I'm just ... like ... really?
The lack of resentment would be understandable if the Prime incident was just an accident. The problem is it's not clear if we should take this as a hint to an accident and that everyone is cavalier about it because hey, accidents happen and what can you do about it, or as a sign that the Meta-Family has sampled the self-delusional Kool-Aid that Ange seems to be taking swigs from and simply doesn't care that they were murdered by one of their own.

Basically, we can't trust the "victims"' own perspective on their deaths because we're not actually looking at the victims, but the fictional construct "actors" who play at being the victims in the infinite stories and forgeries. It'd be akin to asking a man who plays Abraham Lincoln in a biographical play whether Lincoln would've been okay with his own assassination, and then believing whatever you were told. I'm quite sure men like Lincoln, Kennedy, Gandhi, and King didn't want to be murdered... though I can't say for sure... but if nothing else, I'm certainly not going to trust the opinions of anyone who says they would or wouldn't be okay with it. And your less famous murder victim more than likely didn't want to die either.

But resentment and dissatisfaction with the answer you've been force-fed seems to be against the law of the Golden Land... no wonder the witches hated ep1-4 Beatrice (only good Beatrice), she wanted people to question her.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote