View Single Post
Old 2007-10-05, 20:47   Link #102
edf91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I don't think that Victory confirms it one way or the other. Aesthetically, I'd prefer it if she wasn't a newtype; however, as far as I can tell, it's not really all that important.
If the various Super Robot Wars story is accurate in any way, she is considered enhanced human (or artificial Newtype). Even if that is not consider official, with her behavior near the end of the series, she is certainly demonstrating the various behavior of an artificial Newtype. I believe the novels has her undergone the same operation as that "crazy lady" using the big gun MS.

Quote:
I'm under the impression that he was trying to sabotage Victory. According to the rumors I've heard, he was given a directive to have battleships appear, but Tomino wanted to have that part of the story take place on Earth. It's suggested that the motorads were a compromise.
Hard to tell with Tomino - everybody was saying he was trying to kill off the Gundam series since ZZ.

Quote:
I feel exactly the same way. The only other shows to successfully show the desperation of the final battle are Seed and 08th MS Team, and neither of those do so to the degree that Victory manages to.
I just think it's the era problem - most final battle in UC timeline is like that for the most part - the fight is just to stop the damn battle.

Quote:
He's the main reason why Victory is the only Gundam show that has combat choreography I find interesting. Of course, Uso's tactics aren't exactly wise, but at least they look cool.
Again, I see it more has to do with the time it was animated - fights in Zeta and stuff are done way back when people don't really care about various tactics as much.

Quote:
Either the people who assigned V2 it's official specs were overly generous, or it's a case of the combat choreographers not realizing the effect of an overwhelming acceleration advantage. Both possibilities are about as equally likely, and they would be consistent with Sunrise's other mistakes of this nature. To my recollection, mobile suits have pretty much never used their speed advantages properly, and V2 was never shown to move that much faster than its contemporaries.
Yes and no, I think to this question because throughout the UC timeline, by the time the series end, the Gundam used by the main character is either underpower or at best the same as the ones used by the bad guys. Besides, the other problem is - even if the MS is fast, can the pilot keep up? Remember Christina's line in 0080 in asking why in the world is Alex so sensitive? It was because the MS itself cannot keep up with Amuro. In this case, I think it probably has more to do with Usso cannot keep up fighting in any faster pace. Besides, if it were faster, it would be like Layzner using V-MAX - I hope V2 can stand the collision if Usso make a mistake and ram into someone

Quote:
Not really. The setting and first part of Seed are definitely based on Mobile Suit Gundam, but most of the other similarities are just cosmetic. Destiny, in particular, isn't really similar to any other Gundam show. The only element of note that it takes from other shows is the Four-Stellar progression.
CE timeline more resemble GW in terms of mobile suit's fighting abilities - in GW, a single Gundam can outslaughter a lot of "grunt" units, while in UC timeline, a better MS like Gundam just means you can survive more encounters, or actually have a chance against some godly pilot. And in terms of story, I think others on the net has already dissect the story and find Seed Destiny borrow a lot of basic plot elements of other Gundam series and throw it in Seed Destiny.
edf91 is offline   Reply With Quote