View Single Post
Old 2010-09-17, 11:26   Link #33
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I personally felt that the first two arcs weren't much to write home about either. I really like Haruka, Sae, and Miya, but I feel they're being used to cover for some really weak scenarios.

I will, however, give the director credit for the bit with the shot of Sae from behind while she's leaning forward while wearing a short skirt and kneesocks... I got a similar view of a Shana cosplayer doing this at a con a couple years back and it is indeed very captivating. (Before you ask, no, she did not lean that far forward, and no, I did not take any pics. Get your mind out of the gutter.)
To be honest, these are ALL pretty much "B" grade mediocre writing story attempts... the first two arcs mostly look better simply because this one was so amateurish.

How ever... this arc does get some points for simply all the little "Sae being NNNNGH moe" moments. But that's all it is, a sporadic series of moments.
Yeah... the intense repetition of cameos from the other girls is a dead give-away of floundering for material.

So far, Kaoru's story arc seemed the best constructed to me ... but the way many posters keep dancing for the upcoming arcs, we'll see if that ranking holds up.
OTOH, I'll entirely acknowledge Sae makes me feel like something is constricting my heart (that primal "brain not engaged" "omigod" feeling). Sae could be life-shortening

I ended up giving this ep a "6" ... but it would have been a "3" but for Sae herself.