View Single Post
Old 2004-05-13, 14:44   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
Yup. That's what I was trying to imply. In a discussion such as this, it's quite tempting--and downright easy--to take up the mantle of judge and jury from an impersonal and detached perspective. We are simply witnesses, not judges. Finalizing what is "right" and what is "wrong" is just one of the pitfalls that I hope we will be avoiding.
Well, beyond simply being a judge, being third-party observers in this drama certainly gives us an opinion about what we wish Takayuki would have done. The fact that this show is able to enlicit such strong feelings and opinions is a testament to the power of the story and characters. I'm not sure that I could say that what any of the characters did was right or wrong, but I certainly wish, after seeing the whole show, that Takayuki would have stuck with Haruka instead of chosing Mitsuki. But, that's just my personal opinion. If these were real people, we could certainly say that it was his choice to make. Keeping in mind, though, that this anime was based on a game where you control the actions of the protagonist and thus create your own destiny, I think that these types of reactions were precisely what the anime producers were intending.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote