View Single Post
Old 2012-11-13, 14:33   Link #670
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Like I said before...I don't believe it's a problem. For example, I really don't think a "sad" ending equals "depth" nor does a "happy" ending equal the opposite, either way, so that's barely an issue in my book. Such judgments always depend on other factors. In context, there's more "happiness" than "sadness" for everyone not named Lelouch after the end of R2.

Not to mention that in this case the circumstances would be extremely different and we should consider Lelouch's fate was part of a rather convoluted plan he intentionally came up with to change the world, even if it only came to pass after everything else he had experienced, such as suffering a good amount of real or perceived loss.

At the same time, I don't think Akito's death would include any pretenses of needing to sacrifice himself for the sake of saving the world or whatever else. His reasons are currently unclear but appear to be more personal than anything else. Which is also why I believe there's a good chance his line of thought might be altered along the way.
I wouldn't call it happiness. Had those like Ohgi all died as well than the ending of R2 would have been somewhat better. At least that way there would be less idiots left to screw up everything that Lelouch set up.

If Akito ends up with both girls vying for his affection than his death is all but assured.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote