View Single Post
Old 2009-11-02, 19:36   Link #417
Moonsilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
So, I think the demo for this game is out. Anyone care to tell what it's like?
I can't read or understand Japanese so not really sure on the finer details and some info may not be 100% correct. I've only had a quick go but to me it seems like the same good formular. If you're familiar with the first game you can quite easily jump into VC2 demo. There was a playable tutorial mission and a kind of skirmish mission.

The controls took a while to get use to, I would run towards an enemy press R trigger to enter aiming but instead I have just rotated the camera and I'm being shot at. The square button now enters the aiming mode and also changes equipment while in this mode. The left and right triggers rotate the camera and the triangle and X button tilt the camera. Circle is also the action button for crawling, kneeling against cover and climbing etc

In terms of characters you have the 3 main people (scout, shocktrooper and medic), a sniper, 2 lancers, another shocktrooper, a tank and there might be more, I can't remember. Most of the characters are the ones revealed already. The medic AP is quite short and her equipment consists of just her weapon and ragnite.

The mission is spread across 2 zones. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but the only way I found to travel across the zones so far is by retreating in one zone and recalling them in the other zone. Unlike VC1 when I called reinforcements they appear instantly and you can control them straight away.

I'm not too sure the affect the morale causes. Overall I'm quite happy how the BLITZ battle system has been adapted from the PS3 to PSP. The demo mission did seem rather easy, your troops seem to be able to take interception fire, a sniper with what seemed like a single dot accuracy and the ai was not very adventurous. Will have to try again to make sure I wasn't just lucky. I'm pretty sure the difficulty will change in the real game.
Moonsilver is offline   Reply With Quote