View Single Post
Old 2010-09-14, 13:53   Link #893
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I actually discovered another shining point: Combo attacks. They don't do their spread shot if they're doing support fire, so have them go first on a boss, then come up with a Commando or Elt Trooper next to them and the damage is HUGE.
Yeah. I have a Gunner Elt, and that M60 knockoff of theirs is redonkulous.

Quote:
You don't need many Gunners though. I do with two at any given time (and three traditional Troopers), and you could probably get away with one.
Well, it all depends on the usage. I actually tend to use gunners like normal shocktroopers - to the point where I'm thinking about getting my name changed to RedGunner vs. RedShocktrooper. Theu can eat up just about anything. Though I am using Shocks alongside gunners (I was never much of a Scoot fan anyway, so yeah).

Quote:
As for holding camps, they're great for when you broke through a Gateway camp with one CP to go in the turn. Have them kill the guard on the other side and crouch where they were and you'll find easy pickings (if anything survived) to kill next turn.
Gunners are MONSTERS on defense. The fact that the firing cone is actually fairly tight only hardens a stone wall.

In other news, I've been unlocking weapons. One of them is an SMG that gives Shocktroopers the effective range of a scout - Let me restate that: Shocks with the range of SCOOTS. Also, the RPD-styled weapon (Mags-SS?) is pretty powerful; these weapons have gone to Anisette and Lynn (both are Trooper Elt.'s).
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote