View Single Post
Old 2011-03-11, 19:32   Link #37
Leafsnail

Chron, uh... would you mind explaining a way in which Ryukishi could give an "absolutely certain" answer given that the entire point of the series so far has been the lack of certainty surrounding the events? I mean, even if he gave a really, really specific answer that would just be another piece of second order fiction (and one which doesn't make sense because noone's alive to say what happened in many cases).

I dunno, I think he wants it to be as if we're actually living in the Rokkenjima universe, and that we don't have access to any more information than the characters give out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chron View Post
The thing is, in a story where all evidence and events are already 2nd or 3rd layer fiction, we have no way of confirming the true course of the narrative. Or even if there ever was one in the first place. The red, ostensibly, was supposed to be our grounding, but that was itself a troll on Ryuukishi's part.
Damn, it's almost as if uncertainty about what happened and having to come to your own conclusion is the main point of this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chron View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote