View Single Post
Old 2012-12-12, 17:48   Link #31367
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Yep, here: https://sites.google.com/site/ralphm...neko-explained

It looks longer than I remember it being. Maybe it's still being updated?
Thanks for the link.
Just wondering... it goes on like in the first part through all the video?

Because it's terribly... verbose in the beginning. He could have said the same thing using the 10% of the words he used...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
If Shkanontrice is true, then this part of EP2 is our best hint to her character, and probably meta-Beatrce's as well. Since we don't yet have absolute proof that she committed the crimes, this section is probably our best bet for figuring out whether she was guilty or not.

It's definitely possible for us to find evidence of Beatrice as the killer in this section. I think I was one of the first to try that post-EP6, at least on this board. However, Ryuukishi has made a point about giving suspects the benefit of the doubt several times in Umineko, so I'd like to look at this section again.
Well, Ep 7 implied that even if Battler hadn't returned something would have happened so it's possible that a duel between Shannon and Kanon was already in program and this duel would end with the 'death' of one of the two.

The dialogue between Beato and Shannon is interesting. Shannon says she doesn't want to use Beato's magic to get George's love because as of now everything has been peaceful and Beato's magic would change it and Beato agrees. If Shannon doesn't do as Beato says, nothing will change, everything will stay as it is and she'll never have a chance at love.

It really seems an inner monologue between chosing if doing something and just letting things as they are but, with the implication that doing something maybe will give Shannon's George's love but it'll also will cause lot of troubles.

The following parts are also interesting.

Shannon gets to be with George and be happy thanks to Beato but then Beato confesses she did it only on a whim and with the purpose to tear them apart.

If we consider Beato and Shannon are the same person it means more or less than Yasu longed for love (confirmed by Ep 7 in which she says it doesn't matter where it is as long as she's welcomed and loved) so she tried to have it with George because she had the chance to pursue it however she didn't really plan for a long term relation possibly also because she believed a long term relation would work as Kanon insists. In fact he too confesses he would like to pursue love but refuses to believe it oculd work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
That interview sure is interesting, because Ryu is saying not that she couldn't choose between the three, but more that she was unwilling to let the any of the romances fail. It's like suicide was her plan all along, but she can't let a character die until their goal is achieved. Shannon can go at any time, as she gets the ring, Kanon does often die after a touching scene with Jessica and Beatrice dies once when she gives up and then once when Battler completes her.

Also while saying she sacrificed herself to keep everyone else on the island alive is sweet in the theory of the story, in practice it is a little bit bonkers.
I'm wondering if the interview is referring to Yasu/Beato the writer instead than to MetaBeato.

I mean, there's who says that statistically girls prefer stories with a tragic ending, like let's say Titanic or Romeo and Juliet.

The scene in which Beato drown herself is likely not the exact truth on how things went. Before it Featherine threw a rose in the sea and the text said:

Quote:
With the tale of that golden rose, ......let us mark the end of this long story.
So maybe Beato's suicide is the tale of that golden rose (who incidentally was thrown in the sea to drown as well).

So the whole weird talk about girls' preferences doesn't apply to choices in life but to choices in how to end a fantasy story. Ryukishi assumes for a girl like Beato it'll be more romantic to write a tale in which all the three love be fulfilled in the golden land, for Beato to drown herself satisfied she just had Battler's feelings (similar to how Shannon in Ep 2 said for her it was enough to have George ask her to marry him) instead than just have Beato live a happy life with Battler and who cares about Shannon and Kanon's love story (he seems to link this choice with also part of the truth of Rokkenjima being revealed... I wonder if this means that, since Beato could only live on Rokkenjima, due to the set of rules she herself created, in order to leave she would have to turn into her true form or something like that).

Which is opinable (I would have preferred Beato and Battler to leave together and I'm a girl) but it could have some basis in how many girls like tragic love stories (not that they want to live them though) and, as far as I'm involved, is more acceptable than saying that, in real life, all girls are satisfied with just souls joined together. It can be fine and dandy in a story but, in real life, that's nowhere near enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
For that matter, how is Dlanor even a woman? She's an executioner doll from Heaven who is also the representation of a set of rules. She has a female form, whoopdie-doo. How exactly does that give her any sort of inherent understanding of the life of a human being of any gender, again? At least Bernkastel/Beatrice/Battler/et al were once human.

Then again expecting the backstories of any of the magical/meta characters to make any sense is barking up the wrong tree.
There's a chance that she wasn't an executioner doll from Heaven and the representation of a set of rules right from the beginning but became it afterward.
After all Beato too is the representation of the rules of the gameboard and Will also seems to represent another set of rules.

Maybe the sidestory about Cornelia tells us more about Dlanor as well but as far as i know it hasn't been translated yet... or has it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
Battler was drunk at this point, so we can affirm that he didn't have a reliable perspective. Dunno how he saw Kinzo there, maybe Kinzo's corpse was put in the room and he halucinated it talking thanks to being drunk. Either way, the majority consensus is that he doesn't have a reliable perspective at that scene thanks to drunkenesss.

And what flashback in EP5? Can you be more specific?
Maybe it was MetaBattler the one who got drunk? he and PieceBattler seem to overlap here and there in EP 2. That or PieceBattler has passed out and was dreaming. In this case we have his reliable perspective of what he dreamt... which isn't usueful at all.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote