View Single Post
Old 2013-09-29, 05:30   Link #33089
Dormin

Hell, maybe they didn't even believe in any goddamn bomb and the switch. I believe this was discussed somewhere before, as the bombs exists somewhere hidden, Yasu has no evidence of bomb threat being even true. Maybe nobody even believed her and thought she was just kidding and trying to pull a prank, and someone started jokingly flipping the switch on the bomb. I can totally see that happening, maybe Eva not giving a fuck about threats of a lowly servant.

Quote:
That leaves open the prospect that Yasu told someone about it, like in ep7. But if she did, it means somebody found out about it and then decided to activate it. We can't be entirely sure why, but I don't buy the idea that someone would decide to go on a murder spree and use the bomb to cover it up, because it's implausible that someone would believe it would definitely work. You don't commit mass murder on a maybe. There are certainly other reasons to set it, but you'd think Yasu or Genji would check on it at some point just to be sure it's not on...
The entire concept of "mass murder" is a very wild card because mass murders rarely happen: and now I'm talking about similar murders like in the story: supposedly lone culprit manages to execute everyone without anyone taking necessary steps to fight back. Or hide. The most logical step when guns start blazing would probably be to run, and fast, as far away from the killer as you can. If the survivors would simply hide in the forest, culprit would have almost zero ways of finding them in the dark. So even the concept of "mass murder" in the way it is implicated to have happened is kind of unrealistic, though not impossible: the killer would somehow had to hide the fact that he has been involved in a terrible act, and the island is full of people that could hear the gunshots or see the act itself.

This way "using bomb to hide evidence" is a logical step, though arriving in this step would have to be the most unrealistic killings in a long time. However, if we consider the bomb as hiding factor (let's say that Eva detonates the bomb to hide her involvement), I don't see why that couldn't be possible if the person flipping the switch doesn't have anything to lose. If everyone is already dead on the island, why wouldn't the culprit/anyone that's covering anything set the bomb anyway?

Also considering the culprit on the prime, I'm still very positive it was Kyrie and co. We have given some very strong implications, but as it has already become clear that the matter of "true culprit" has been intentionally left open, I guess my belief is something I "want to believe" because I personally want it to be true.

Quote:
Can the manga be considered canon? I mean I know it's written by him, but it's still an adaptation and sometimes scenes are shortened or different and I always feel weird letting any adaptation be used as evidence for the original. An author can decide later to add something in that doesn't work in the originals but works in the manga, which would create inconsistencies. I think VNs and official statements on the VNs should be all that's used to prove or argue anything.
Well, yeah, I guess you have a point. No matter have you look at it however, I believe Ryu intended it to be "canon", but it has some "fixed" material and scenes that appear to be different from the VN, as have been discussed before. I don't think he would write something "alternative" without clearly stating so.

I'd myself consider it as canon as the umineko anime adaption, that I must remind, nobody likes.

Last edited by Dormin; 2013-09-29 at 05:41.
Dormin is offline   Reply With Quote