View Single Post
Old 2009-03-28, 12:47   Link #425
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
It doesn't feel perfect to me. I think that the headbutt could of worked if they kept them on screen, showing that Taiga really does still care for Ryuuji, then it would of been nice. But ending it on that note kind of leaves a bad message to the tsundere character/relationship.

The novel's plans though feel a bit more satisfying. It's one of those situations where you think: "They've come this far and have gone through so much...I'm glad they are like this now." Taiga hitting Ryuuji, getting defensive and ending it on that note more of states that she hasn't truly grown even coming to this realization.

And when you think about it, she's told him specifically that "You never said you loved me." What do you think Ryuuji would of did if he first saw her? She really cannot put shame on him for that.
If she had hugged him and said 'me too' it would haven't worked as well.

We know at this point Taiga how handles things, and when she gets embarrased that's just how she reacts. You can't hold fault to the show for having it stay true to her character.

Besides which, the kissing scene earlier in this episode was so amazing that they could have ended the series with monkey's throwing shit at each other and I wouldn't have given a damn.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!