View Single Post
Old 2010-04-21, 19:16   Link #78
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I guess I don't find Envy compelling and entertaining at all, because from my perspective there's nothing to him. He's a sick bastard, nothing more, nothing less. Bradley and Kimblee, my two favorite villains, have something more to them, but Envy just runs around doing evil for the sake of doing evil - and maybe it's personal, but "pointless" evil is something I utterly hate.

And on a philosophical viewpoint, I do find envy to be the most disgusting sin, if not the worst. All the other sins are virtues or necessities of our lives taken to extremes, but envy is simply hatred directed towards someone. As has been observed, other sins may give oneself a positive feeling for a period of time, but envy is just simply destructive towards everyone and everything - just like Envy is.
Haven't you heard of sadism? It's enjoying inflicting pain on someone else. Envy is a sadist, so his actions aren't 'pointless evil', as you call it. Envy doesn't do evil just for the sake of doing evil. Are you a manga reader. If so, you'd know some of the depth behind Envy's character.

Wrath can give one a positive feeling over a period of time? Really?