View Single Post
Old 2010-11-29, 00:56   Link #100
therationalpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Please let's not incorrectly use medical-diagnostic terms here.

She most definitely has NO "split personality". That's a mental disorder in which there are two distinct personalities within a person which don't know of each other and which she can't knowingly alternate between them. There is only one personality within her, that of Ayatsuji Tsukasa. She took a more threatening stance for a clear and rational reason.

You can make a weak case for "bipolar", but not based on what has happened so far. Without going into details, bipolar disorder in terms of Ayatsuji generally describes strong uncontrollable mood swings. That is NOT the case at the end of ep1, because her decision to threaten Junichi was not based on a compelling mood swing, but on her conscious decision.
Can we agree on the term "Two-faced" then, since she acts like she's such a sweet girl, but deep down she's much more severe and judgmental?

This episode really got this arc off to a good start. I knew that she had this hidden side to her, and the whole episode felt like she was a ticking time bomb ready to go off. I found myself wondering the whole time, "Will it be him closing the door that sets her off? No...What about when it closes the second time? Still good...How about when he comes to get her at the pool? Still fine...Guess we have to wait for the next *BAM* There we go!"

Honestly, he did a lot to piss her off that episode. She has some solid patience.