View Single Post
Old 2012-01-21, 18:28   Link #28
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
IMO this works as a lesson to J.C. They left a 3 years gap between season two and three, which made them lose a lot of followers.
@SkyFlames
I agree with your point that J. C. Staff's decision has caused Shakugan no SHANA to lose its popularity. Then again, by putting a 3 years gap between Season 2 and 3, they can make the ending of the anime to coincide with the ending of the novel.

I am sure that we all remember the unnecessary fillers, such as the Konoe Fumina arc in Season 2. One reason for animating such fillers is that they were uncertain how the story would end at that time. By delaying Season 3 till now, J. C. Staff has a clear idea how the story ends. Hence, less fillers exist in Season 3, which is then more faithful to the novels. Again, this is my personal opinion, so correct me if I am wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist View Post
Sydonay is an unusual case, but they did hurt him, he just healed himself. It's never been clear just what limits he has to his recovery ability.
Okay, Sydonay morphed into 4-headed hydra. His 3 hydra head being destroyed by Shana's Crimson Red spell has no tangible effect on him. The same effect is shown with him losing his lower half of body through Shana's Blazing Flame much eariler.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2012-01-21 at 18:55.