View Single Post
Old 2010-09-24, 17:25   Link #21
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Technically, the main reason why I started watching was Yui, because she was the 'cover girl' on the promotional poster and that was the only thing I knew about the show at the time. I thought the idea of cute girls playing music intriguing and when I learned that it was being made by Kyoto Animation (which I started liking after having seen Lucky Star, Haruhi and Clannad/Clannad After Story), that raised my expectation even more.

At the time, I was still fairly new to anime, only having become a fan two years prior, so I didn't really know what to expect. I sought out the manga and after having read the source material available at the time, I knew this show would be fun. After watching the first episode, I was sold.

IMO, the beauty of the show lies not so much in the character design (which I like), but more in how the character interact with each other. Each character has a specific trait that people can more or less relate to. The music is the icing on the proverbial cake.

As for me, I'm a 34-year-old guy from The Netherlands, I currently work as a mail delivery man, though I aspire a career in security.