View Single Post
Old 2007-09-29, 06:26   Link #8
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I'm rating this series as "average". It had a few great moments, like the dramatic scenes in the final episode (ignoring the crap in the final few minutes) and the culmination of the Agnes arc, ignoring the roundabout route it took to get there. The biggest problem ultimately wasn't that there was so much trite crap in this series, eg, the fanservice, Louise's tsun-tsun-tsun-tsun-tsun and a tiny bit of dere behaviour, the inability for Louise and Saito to make any progress in their relationship and pretty much every single scene where Siesta showed up... it was the fact that these scenes turned up right next to the moments that were intended to be the most dramatic. If ZnT could just separate the serious moments from the light comedic ones in the same way as its predecessor it would have been worthwhile. Instead, the comedy because formulaic and inane, and would spoil any chance we, as an audience, had of taking the plot seriously.

I still really like these characters, though, (except for Siesta who has become so pointless it hurts) and that's what saves ZnT from being a total failure, but Kou Yuu deserves any and every criticism he receives, because he's taken a great concept and a fun franchise, and ruined it. If there turns out to be a third series of ZnT and he's directing it, then I'll go in with minimal expectations, to say the least.