Thread: Licensed Zettai Karen Children
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-06, 13:39   Link #12
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep1:
As for the OP and ED, I loved them both, especially the singing. I don't believe I have ever heard better singing from a seiyuu group. Both were at least as good as Kotoko's final OP for Hayate (which I watched a bit of for comparison). The ED comes out as a single late in May, and the OP late in June.

Kaioshin: Are you sure about that idea that Hirano's popularity "in the West" is based on that voice-switching parlor trick? It was one of the things that helped bring her to the attention of a wider Japanese audience, however, I will agree. And I've skimmed 2channel, and to me the opinion seems pretty well split between the anti-Hirano forces who hate her work and people who think she did a great job. My own opinion isn't so clear, as I wrote in the spoiler. As for the substance of your criticism (over-sold, etc.), I think it's a reasonable point of view in general, just something I personally think is made up for by other aspects of her work, such as inventiveness and power. One thing I'll say about her performance here: there's no way you can ignore it, lol. It does bother me when you post criticisms before you've actually watched an episode, but I doubt watching it will change your opinion. Anyway, there's some top-notch "lolis kicking ass."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-04-06 at 15:14.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote