Thread: Proposal Make post counts public
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 09:25   Link #74
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

I find it understandable,you can choose to display age,location and you could choose to display your rep or not so why should join date be mandatory?
I'm fine with members having an option to hide their join date. But I would prefer the default setting to be "shown" because I can think of some scenarios in which knowing other member's join dates could be useful.

Again, it's not about any of this superior/inferior silliness, but rather about trying to get a clearer picture of one's fellow members in general.

Quote:
Can you explain your Harushi example again?Because I don't see how anything other than the Harushi avatar could start off the VM conversation.
The Haruhi avatar alone isn't that telling. What brought the individual into Haruhi? Haruhi 2006, Haruhi 2009, Disappearance, the light novel itself? If it's Haruhi 2009 or the Disappearance movie, then the individual might not have been an active anime fan in 2007.

But combine that Haruhi avatar with a join date of 2007, and a clearer picture forms, imo.

Every little bit of information helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I had no idea either. I thought you have to visit their profile to see the info there. But most of the time that info is outdated anyway (sorry for using you as an example Triple R, but your current avatar sure is from Shinsekai Yori and not Tari Tari) as people don't really care about it, or some people don't write it anyway. Is there a way to be more aware of all this stuff? (like some animesuki tricks thread or something?)
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll fix this now.