View Single Post
Old 2012-03-26, 01:25   Link #232
tsunade666

Mahouka.

The explanation in Tamni isn't that long that's why Teh_ping and Js06 are doing it.

A plan to translate Horizon was made before but since it's tooooo darn long which what reminds me more when I saw Mahouka. With it's super detailed explanation. The fast translators of BT. Said that Teh_pin needs a 1000 while Js06 needs 3 dedicated translator to even take horizon.

Tatsuya would hit you hard if you start chatting in front of him. Reminds me of a certain born killer. If you have time to chat then you have time to kill.

By comparison. I would compare Mahouka to Horizon than Tamni because it's different in the way it's being told. Tamni is based in real life fiction while Mahouka's author creates his own world like in Horizon.

EDIT:

Further talk on tamni should be put on index thread but to answer last question why Mikoto used coins. Well the coins are provided by the campus for her experiment or for her test plus it's easy to acquire and small and weightless. You don't expect a middle school girl carrying around real live rounds or hard hitting ammunition. Plus Mikoto is kind at heart that she won't kill or hurt others. Thus use the game token which even if thrown at you won't hurt at all though if used as a railgun bullet then IT WILL HURT. Mikoto also doesn't target it against living human. She usually targets the surrounding and let the shock wave of the attack. Know the attackers or enemy. Getting hit by that will vaporized you completely. She controls her strength tremendously to not kill.
As for her maximum load. In railgun anime. The maximum chunck of metal she can used as a bullet is around the size of a human... though not sure. I din't like much railgun anime so I only watch it once. But that alone is enough to make a big beam stream similar to divine buster. Which reminds me before when I saw it. It's like a copy paste scenario of Nanoha.