View Single Post
Old 2013-03-18, 13:12   Link #121
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Why would Miyuki see Izumiko as a victim? From his perspective, all she has to do is ask and she gets what she wants. Yukimasa made it clear that since Izumiko didn't want to transfer schools, he was going to do all in his power to grant her wish and allow her to stay where she wanted, at the expense of Miyuki's own desires.

The people around Izumiko were surprised when she cut her hair, but there were no negative consequences for her because of it (aside from that asshole at school remarking on it). I'm pretty sure from Miyuki's perspective at this point, the only person Izumiko is a victim of is her own passivity.
yes yes yes all you're saying is miyuki's perspective this, miyuki's perspective that. which is exactly why he is a jerk. Never once did izumiko asked that miyuki stay with her or get into the same school as her. She even specifically said "i never wanted any of this" to the fact that miyuki will transfer to her school. Never did she asked nor even wished that he get beaten up. All of it was decided by the family. So why would he think it's all her fault?
And by the way never in all of this was it even suggested that Miyuki finds Izumiko Morally Repulsive which was my original point. We're not even sure at this point what exactly miyuki's morals are. That's quite a heavy statement. NO he's just being a jerk since he feels powerless against his family & against his father so he lays his frustrations on Miyuki. Nothing as high minded as you make it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Of course, all of this is just from the information given in the first episode. No one here thinks there might be more that's going on here than meets the eye? If not, this is certainly a strange image to have in the opening, with the way people are jumping the gun and assuming even their childhood relationship must have been miserable...
well of course! it's just the first episode which again makes me wonder why you would say Miyuki finds Izumiko Morally Repulsive. That goes for the picture as well. And yes its obvious they'll get closer and work it out as the show goes on as it is shown it the OP.