View Single Post
Old 2010-05-17, 18:15   Link #3294
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I think it's not exactly parental love per se, but the dynamic is one that is comparable or valued as one between parent and child. The master/shifu is one who 'raises' and 'nurtures' the student. In the manga, this is best explained by one of the masters (I think the Elder?) who says that the master is there to push the disciple down the pit of hell and waits right down below for him to hit the bottom. If one's father was murdered, there was a moral imperative to seek justice for that crime, similar to the imperative of the student to avenge his murdered master. So on, and so forth.

It's not a form of parental love, but rather there lies a parental aspect in the relationship between master and student that makes it taboo for romance of any sort. Of course, this is just coming from a (very popular) wuxia novel, so who knows how accurate it really is, but with wuxia being basically a genre of kung fu chivalry fiction, I'd thought I would point it out as part of the discussion.

Anyway, like we already have said, such a view really doesn't matter in Kenichi's time, the present. And even if Shigure is older by a few years, who cares? Personally, an older woman falling for a younger man is pretty normal to me.

Ok, here's a question I've always wanted to ask... Just what is Shigure really teaching anyway? Kenichi isn't using any weapons, and we don't even see Shigure teaching him in the usage of one. She's like a sparring partner or something, someone who's just there to spar against him as a weapon user. Does she teach him how to defend against weapon users, perhaps? If she does, the manga should be showing this more often.

Well, she taught him how to swim... but what else does she teach?
...................................Ecchi things if you have seen the Doujin. Lol nah just joking, she has taught him many things well some that havent bin seen, she did teach him however too turn his fear into a weapon.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote