View Single Post
Old 2010-10-27, 12:47   Link #2050
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
That may not have been an important point for you, but it was the ENTIRE point for me.
That's all very nice for you, but if you are challenging me on something, at least it would be nice if I actually said that. Wasn't that something about which complained to me a few weeks ago, when I partly got a statement you made weeks before wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
And anyways, she didn't say that it was SOLELY about taking Ai-kun back to his people, she said "At least [せめて, "semete"] I want to take Ai-kun back to his people" which indicates (in both English and Japanese) that it's ONE of her goals, but not the most important.

Again: "I've been able to piece together small fragments of my past. It's scary, but I have to find out about it no matter what. That's why I will go. And I want to at least bring Ai-kun back to where his people are."

The last sentence is a total non-sequitur unless she has more planned. And I contend that's it's a possibility that she would've been successful if Grace hadn't intervened. But at this point, only Leon knew of Grace's involvement, yes?

(I'll grant you the point that she didn't communicate her plans well to Alto. Like, AT ALL. Trying to calm him down by getting him to make a paper airplane was a strategy that totally failed.)
It's still a spectacularly bad idea to end your plea for asistance with the most stupid reason to go on a suicide mission imaginable. But, as I said, in my eyes Ranka wasn't sure how her song would work on the Vajra. That seems the most reasonable inference from what she said and wrote to the other characters.