Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-17, 13:45   Link #721
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
But that isn't necessarily the core of his outburst when he himself thinks to himself "what if Arata does watch us play."

Chihaya/Arata might be a part of it but it is not the only part. Taichi's feelings about Arata are way more complicated than that. That is why I am saying it is not just simple jealousy & wanting to keep her away from Arata.

Although I am not saying Taichi is not jealous of what he perceives Chihaya's feelings for Arata to be.
"what if Arata comes watch us play......" is a reflection of his lack of confidence, inferior complex or whatever, that shaky feeling that Arata may witness that he still sucks at Karuta and he didn't want to be seen in that light, is what you mean?

But I'm saying the core of his onion is his complex about Arata/Chihaya relationship. Other layers like inferior complex and such pile on top of that but how he feels about Arata derives from how Chihaya feels about Arata and that is why it's the core. So his outburst follows that order too. People's feelings derives from simple things. Only others make it more complicated.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote