View Single Post
Old 2007-10-13, 09:53   Link #17
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

For me, this episode actually topped the premiere, leaving me feeling really positive about how this series will actually turn out. Compared with Seed and the previous series from the 1990s, Gundam 00's world contains a great deal of depth and resolution. Things which stood out for me:

-the unique HUDs and layouts of the Gundams
-details within the main battleship such as the briefing rooms, the catapults, even the hallways look interesting
-the presence of fantastic-looking conventional weapons like aircraft and support vehicles
-mecha movements
-battlefields that actually look somewhat realistic, with formations and featuring a range of tactical weaponry from long-range artillery down to melee weapons.

I'm glad to see that the production crew pay attention to aesthetics...the shots of Tokyo and the capitals of the three factions had great details and it was obvious to me that a great deal of planning went into this series. Seeing how these details are fairly marginal to the actual content of the story, I'm inclined to think that there's much more meat in Gundam 00 than recent series.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote