View Single Post
Old 2012-03-16, 12:45   Link #41
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I agree largely with you Kaioshin, except on this part
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Similarly I would call composers like Yoko Kanno and Yuki Kaijura Idol Composers since whenever they make a well-received soundtrack you literally cannot get out from all the praise and admiration that comes raining down say compared to when someone like Hiroyuki Sawano who makes a well received soundtrack for Guilty Crown and Supercell gets all the credit for it.....guess that last bit makes for another example too eh?
Re: Yoko Kanno and Yuki Kaijura, while I can understand where you are coming from, especially with the reaction from Kaijura latest work, I have to point out that they very often (in fact, most of the time) do deserve every bit of praise that comes raining down on them. I mean, the two do make some damn good music, so it's natural if they get credit for it no?

As for Sawano work on Guilty Crown, I think that those who had been misinformed had credit the OST work to Supercell. Not that it would hurt Sawano in any way, since I don't think he's that unknown to be heavily affected by people mis-crediting him (as a side note, I honestly think that both Supercell had done a lot of good work on the music on both fronts, vocally and BGM, and even at the character designs being some of the best in TV anime I had seen in a while)

But yeah, I actually agree with. As for this show, I just expect it to look rather amazing with great music to boot. Yeah, let's look forward to that shall we. Yep, just that ...