View Single Post
Old 2012-10-19, 01:54   Link #4722
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Obviously, but Godou is more of a "deal with the immediate problem" type of person. No point in letting Athena run roughshod over everyone just because there is another player with an agenda. He can deal with her afterwards.

I just don't think he was completely at her mercy like you seem to think. Whatever though, since I obviously can't convince you of that and it hardly matters to begin with.

On a side note, when did Athena ever fly? It makes sense she could seeing as she is a patron goddess of witches, but I don't recall her ever doing so.
She can fly(oops, spoiler), the anime didn't make that up. Godou is the type of person, like most other shounen heroes, who generally tries to choose the best option that would not be morally ambiguous.Like how he tries to save both Hikari and kill Sun-Wukong--even though this would be a bit risky. He did not rule out this option though, but only when there's simply no choice. For this situation, he could have rejected Guinevere's help and go on to beat Athena if he believed he can do it. If he wins, the danger to others would be erased. The fact that he knows Guinevere is up to no good, and yet accepts her 'help' shows how desperate he is and the chances of him winning.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-19 at 03:53.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote