View Single Post
Old 2012-10-19, 17:26   Link #4727
Hidfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Eh, Godou seemed desperate enough to me. Sure, he wasn't getting WTF curb stomped, but it was pretty obvious that Athena had the upper hand unless he did something.
In which fight hasn’t the enemy had the upper hand? He is always the one at a disadvantage and the one being pushed in a corner.

Fact is he only used 2 authorities during the fight. Fact is that Athena only got one hit on him (if I remember right) which had already healed thanks to the Camel because he was able to use Raptor without any kind of physical problems.
He had a lot of options left. He could have combined 2 of his authorities or he could have combined one of his authorities with the sword. He could have used Athenas sucked up authority (whatever that might have been) or he could have mastered the art of becoming an avatar.

Athena was about to use her “freezing” attack. Godou could have defended with the horse like making a fire tornado around himself and Ena. He (might) could have connected the horse and “a gust of wind”(because Ena was in danger) to make a super powerful horse which overpowered the freezing attack and the defense Athena might have prepared(what tells us that she can use 2 authorities at the same time?). He could have combined the sword with the horse to achieve the same goal (the sword has a wind attribute after all) or some new super power. I could go on and on about this. From mastering an avatar to smashing her with as much of the stone ocean as possible.

Yes, he was in a disadvantage position but so was he in every fight he ever was. The holy grail option wasn’t an “oh my god I’m out of option” option but a “what has the highest chance of success” option. Those are after all life and death fights.
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote