View Single Post
Old 2011-05-15, 18:21   Link #45
Forsaken_Infinity

Actually, that was intensely refreshing. Best episode in this show thus far as far as I am concerned. You don't need an episode to have forced melodrama and tear jerky moments for it to be magnificent. Tomoe's crisis is one I can deeply identify with, despite being on a completely different setting. That's saying something. If anything, I should be closer to the main girl but I felt much more for Tomoe than I do for her. And they did a really good job with the comedy too. Respect.

I don't want Kou and Ohana to be "in love" bla bla. Ohana surely didn't look like she was romantically interested in Kou and Kou's "love" felt more like a crush and a longing for a longtime friend too. I said so early on into the series as well; they are young and can go about it slow. Kou would get massive amounts of respect in my eyes if he actually comes out and suggests to Ohana that he doesn't want to force an answer out of her and is just going to support her and remain a friend for now etc. A show doesn't always need unnecessary romance, especially considering just how much out of character it is for Ohana to really be in love with "someone special" the way she is now. I don't think Tohru is in love with her either. He is fond of her, but hey, he is fond of Minchi too, she just doesn't realize it. Imho, they are both like little sisters to him. The show is doing a very good job of keeping things ambiguous... just like they are in life. I hope they don't go out of their way to force some romance in.

And nothing wrong with what the show is doing. Plot is something that comes after a story is done. A need for a tightly-knit plot isn't an absolute. I dare say drama is stronger when it's loosely knit like this than when it's tightly knit. That said, episode 4 was a disaster. But that was a disaster because of how freaking cheesy, aloof and cut off it was. No amount of suspension of belief was enough to sympathize with that episode and the events that transpired in it. It didn't help that the star of the episode was the weaboo author who had literally nothing to his merit before, during or after the episode.