View Single Post
Old 2012-02-24, 17:24   Link #3350
alarmadadna hadi

Quote:
It's getting even more intense. I just got through Dlanor's "Die the Death!" scene. The music was definitely awesome. I'm loving it. Lambda and Bern's premise change is really noticeable, which in turn changes the way I look at the rules of Beato's game.
Umi has many heart-pump-up scenes, but this one in general, and the first time beato and erika confront each other in particular, made the strongest impression on me, pretty much revived the little shounen manga fanboy in me . I also like dlanor's character and abilities as a representation of literary device, made the setting even more meta than it already was.

Quote:
I am confused at one part, and that's during the fight with Dlanor/Erika and Beato. What is supposed to be happening? Isn't Beato out for the count in the Meta-World and the Illusion of Beato just a piece? The things Beato said at the end of the battle confused me that way.
"There was no way Battler could see Beato in this higher level world." Why would that matter?
I'm not sure what you refer to here. Do you mean how the "illusion of beato" joined in the meta battle? Because that would be similar to evarice being "pulled" to the meta debate in ep3, a fancy way of inter-relating the layers. That particular debate sort of mixed the meta and fantasy layers. (Although you could argue something similar happened before, like in ep2, when meta-battler loses hope concurrently with piece battler).

If I remember, that last quote was talking about piece-battler, as opposed to "fantasy" and meta-battler.