View Single Post
Old 2010-07-26, 14:48   Link #14597
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Been thinking it out and ... I really dislike Shkanontrice theories. It suggest things that ... ugh...

Let's forget Beato and Battler and take it more personal.
You are a 12 years old immature guy who just discovered puberty. You say random pick up lines at a girl you meet about once per year. You also say said random pick up lines at about any girls you meet, including your own cousins. Then you don't see that girl for the next six years. When you do meet her again you learn the following things gradually.

She's pretending to be big breasted and docile to tame one of your cousins into loving her, in truth it's all an act.
She's pretending to be a cold hearted BOY who crushed another of your cousin in the past and still entertains a possible relation with her.
She's trying to make you believe she's a witch and your ideal women. Because she sees you again she's ready to sacrifice both relationship with her cousins to be with you.

She showed you tales she made where she fantasizes about killing all your family in insane cruel ways. In the same tales she makes fun of your cousin's loves for the fake personas she uses.

She never even once feels vaguely bad about tricking your cousins.

You somehow figure out all of this, and now you're trying to convince me that you're the one responsible, that it's not her fault, and you decide to marry her without apologizing or even explaining anything to your cousins.

You claim it's okay because you both love each other and love is the answer to everything.

To me... this is what the Skanontrice theorist are trying to make me swallow. I could believe in Skanontrice... but then Id have to really hate that person. I don't think Battler would forgive such a person either. They keep saying that we cannot see the answer without love. To me Skanontrice needs to heavily look down on various characters to work, it's not an answer with love. It's an answer that only makes Beatrice an unforgivable crazy girl playing with everyone's emotions and who feels self justified about anything as long as "someone hurt her". In other words Skanontrice is ... a melodramatic story that I won't get into.

I'm not saying it's impossible for it to be the truth, of course I'm not blind to all the hints that have been thrown around. However if it is the truth then I'd really honestly believe Umineko is a fantasy story.

Yeah... let's say when Kinzo's beato died he created two homonculus from her single soul, splitting her into Kanon and Shannon. Somehow as that soul is reawakened they get the ability to merge into a single being. I personally think that makes more sense then the mystery perspective of Shkanontrice.

So I ask the Skanontrice theorist out. How is that an answer with love? All I see is contempt for a maid is made to bear all the sins of the story. Convenient isn't it? Battler is afraid from the start to find that the culprit is part of his family, so it's fine that it's a crazy manipulative and emotionally greedy maid that does it?
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote