View Single Post
Old 2007-06-21, 15:35   Link #313
Lordshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye, actually I was but I've asked them to close my account there --- and a big welcome to you with your big box of clues That's the trouble with corporate fan forums, they're basically just supposed to be worship-boxes rather than actual feedback zones.

Yeah, like my literary professor used to say -- please bring your critical reading skill toolbox to the stories you read. They didn't seem to have those tools and their CEO lost my confidence when he made his various easily punctured assertions. Adam shot himself in the ass with that "condom" remark - makes me think he may be able to read some japanese without having any clue about the culture/products/dailylife.

Anyway, they are out of the picture and we have a few groups doing scanlations. It may be that this is no loss at all for Watashiya and her publisher --- because her publisher may have sold the license to SSE as a fixed fee (maybe with a micro-bump for #-copies-sold). In that case, selling zero or millions of copies amounts to mostly the same thing and SSE just ate the license cost.

Again, if people like the scanlations and want to support the author - the books are freely available on amazon.co.jp and other dealers... and I found the entire set at my local Kinokuniya bookstore.

And welcome again, we need all the literate posters we can get
Well, I bought the first two from my Kinokunya, but couldn't find the third there. I'll get it from Amazon.co.jp...

Anyway, as for SSE, what REALLY finally put me off was THIS post on the AnimeonDVD forums:

"No, your honor, I was just aroused by her, I'm not really attracted to children..."

That was ADAM ARNOLD who posted that...
Way to imply that there was something more sinister in those pages. Seriously, this is the same guy that edited the first volume of "Nymphet" before it got canned, so he SHOULD know that Aoki is NOT attracted to Rin in that way.

THAT pretty much proves that they are trying to defend themselves by spreading MORE misinformation. I wouldn't have cared if they had JUST canceled it, but they had to make up stuff to defend themselves, and that is just going to make more people angry...

IOW, They REALLY need to work on there damage control...

Anyway, I'm done with them.

When is the next NLB scan out, anyway? My Japanese isn't really that good...

Last edited by Lordshade; 2007-06-21 at 15:47.
Lordshade is offline   Reply With Quote