View Single Post
Old 2011-07-12, 07:37   Link #8323
Sol Falling

Nagi is cute. I dunno--I wouldn't say I love Nagi or that she's my favourite character or anything, but I usually don't have any trouble enjoying her story arcs. She's kinda like an animal--easily excitable and at the same time tending towards laziness. She's interesting to watch, so even just seeing her messing around for a while is a pretty amusing read for a chapter or two.

Chapters like these are actually much more to my general taste than i.e. for example, the previous one. Light-hearted character interactions are pretty much the bread and butter of this series, after all.

(The Steins;Gate references...y'know, I can't believe I forgot for awhile about Hayate no Gotoku's intertextuality. :P I'm surprisingly still a sceptic as far as Steins;Gate itself goes actually, so is it weird that for now I'm thinking as if it's Nagi herself making the references? I.e. Nagi is the sort of otaku I can see being into that series, so I'd rather take it as characterization rather than fanservice which doesn't appeal to me. But actually, although I've heard that the anime was famous for it, I can't remember much of the previous references Hayate has done at all).
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote