View Single Post
Old 2012-04-12, 21:10   Link #341
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Wow, that backlight bleed is pretty severe. My U2412M doesn't bleed hardly at all unless you compare it to my Nexus phone's SAMOLED display.

I got my monitor from Amazon for $360 with free two-day Prime shipping (that Amazon so kindly turned into one-day shipping for nothing because I ordered it on Wednesday evening) and since it was from Amazon, no tax or LCD fee.
lucky you! amazon has it OOS atm and my return window for this monitor is may 13, 2012 to get a full refund. if only that input lag on the U2412M was a bit lower..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I've been wanting to get the Asus PA246Q ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Asus%20PA246QP )

I have the money now...but I just can't do it, $500 for kicks. Maybe one day...
i would totally bite on that monitor if it was around the $345 mark from amazon. $500 is a bit too much for my blood. it's so amusing how this 24" monitor does not get any backlight bleeding complaints compared to the massive amount the 23" gets. well, they had to cut a corner somewhere to remain competitive in the market..

so far after playing around with the monitor, the bleeds aren't noticeable at all unless the screen is COMPLETELY dark around the edges. i may just keep it unless there is some awesome internet promotion for these monitors running around in the next month.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote