View Single Post
Old 2012-09-23, 18:14   Link #70
atilim
Knightmare

Usually with a Gundam show I feel like the ending is incomplete and I want to see more....

But with Age it was different in a bad way because I missed to much and some things where to random.

First the Sid thing was weird and why Sid even did the things he did was weird. It's primary objective was to keep the tech hidden and protect it and showing up with a attempt to destroy humans seems to forced.

Second the revelation of Flit was overall acceptable but he should have gotten a bigger role in the final battle even if he is a grandpa. He convinced both sides to fight together but we are talking about Gundam and having him play a bigger active role during the final battle is a must.

And finally my biggest beef with the final eps is the lack of a good fight. Traditionally the final battle has always been a good fight between the protagonist and the antagonist but their wasn't that much fighting (mostly flying around).

Kio Arc:
Overall kind of disappointed because again by not having decent long fights. Having a good story is a must but I watch gundam for it's mix of a decent story and mecha fights. Seed, 00, Wing, Original and Zeta all had really good fights and decent stories (some better then others ofcourse) and having a all or nothing fight makes me want to watch the same eps a thousand times.

And what I really hate about the Kio arc was that even though it was the longest the only character development we truly saw was Kio becoming a peace preacher. The new Diva captain ''suddenly'' changed and we don't know anything about her, all of the diva pilots got killed of and we don't know anything about them and the whole pirat ship is still a mystery even though we have seen their faces.

overall:
Personally I think that Flit arc was the best. The major characters all got more development then any other arc and their are some decent fights.

Also as a future reverence don't introduce important characters for the main characters (friends, pilots etc.) and then ignore them completely after 2 eps (or the remaining arcs). All of Asemu's friends where compleltly ignored and Kio's blond future GF (walking around the ship and saying something every now and then doesn't count), Asemu's sister, every single Diva pilot that didn't get killed onscreen etc. etc.

Also if Bandai ever wants to make a Age like arc show then I hope that they learned that they have to make the show longer. Each arc should be 30 eps (24 at least) and give a smal break between seasons (like 00) so you can adjust the show if needed.

Overall I hope that Bandai takes the lessons they have learned and make good use of it for the next Gundam show in a few years.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote