View Single Post
Old 2010-12-05, 21:16   Link #295
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Actually, what Hoodspirit said (about Japan anyway) is accurate.

Spoiler for from the Japanese wiki:

So if Kyousuke and Kirino want to have a relationship ONCE THEY ARE BOTH ADULTS, then the law wouldn't prevent them from doing so, provided they don't try to get married. (I'm not entirely sure which 'definition' of adult they use though. Japanese people come of age at 20, but the national age of consent is 13, and different jurisdictions can have their own ordinances that restrict it further, up to the age of 18 (source).)

@Sumeragi
Rather than 6th cousins, you and your fiance are 2nd cousins (related by 6 degrees collaterally), and Korean law prohibits marriage to the level of 3rd cousins (related by 8 degrees collaterally). I seem to remember you using the correct terms somewhere else in the forum though...

My bad, I was concentrated on the marriage side of thing. I stand corrected, thanks.

Other than that I am aware that the age of consent in Japan is 13 and in addition they can get legally married at age of 16.

As for the degree system. As karice67 said, yo are guaranteed 50% of your parents's DNA, but those 50% might not be the same 50% as your siblings. Granted, probability-wise you and yoursibling is more likely to have more matching DNA than your parents, but that's not guaranteed and that why the degree system is still works more vast majority of time.