View Single Post
Old 2011-05-09, 00:36   Link #72
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's interesting how I tend to have a totally contrarian view of this show - aside from #3, I've pretty much loved the eps most posters don't care for and been indifferent towards the well-received ones. So many glowing reviews for #6 here, but it was pretty much a yawner for me. It had a few nice moments, but lacked any snap or charm for the most part. The whole bit with the consultant felt forced and artificial and really, is it such a big deal for the staff at a traditional ryokan to wear kimono? Is that worth building an episode around?
It's a big deal because Sui (the grandmother and proprietor of the inn), constructed and tried to use the outfits many years previous for the exact same reason Ohana and her uncle were using the outfits. In one brief moment 3 generations were deeply connected by their love for the Inn and their desire to help the Inn to be great.

At least that is why the episode is important to me (besides the potential love quadrangle).

(As for the consultant, I imagine she was added more to give Enishi someone to be matched with before the fans start trying to pair up Enishi and Tomoe (we all know Tomoe will end up with Renji).)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
You know, I really like how all the older womens faces are drawn. So devious and sexy like.
Agreed, even Sui strikes a strong figure, and her smile definetly sheds her years.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-05-09 at 02:02.