Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-20, 02:32   Link #14909
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
US border agents have died over this nonsense from Obama's BATFE, no Americans died as a result of Iran-Contra.
You don't try to imply that a US border agent (US American) is worth more than a nicaraguan or iranian person, do you? That would be kinda arrogant (almost racist nationalistic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I realize this makes the Obama administration look really bad, but facts are facts and this administration is responsible for the deaths related to these weapons.
What I still don't understand is, how this is going to help the gun owner lobby in the USA. If anything this proofs that strict gun control is neccessary. In this case it doesn't really matter who is the bad example (whether it is a government agency or a private person), the conclusion will be the same - stricter gun control (this time not exclusively for private individuals but government agencies too).

And I think this is the reason why this is under the radar. While it is something that can be used against the Obama administration its also bad for the cause of the "conservative/right" gun owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This "Fast and Furious" operation can't really be laid at Obama's feet. The BATF has a very long history of many administrations of being a bunch of incompetent thugs and idiots (yes, I said that out loud). Now, if the Justice department and Obama's administration try to sidestep/cover up... then my aggravation for *that* is up. I already view the Obama administration as just "center right lite" as it is.
With basically the same type of puppet masters, uh excuse me lobby group support, you will get basically the same administration no matter whom you vote. The differences are merely in some baggy pseudo core competencies with which a party tries to define itself apart from the other one.

Still, I think these lobby groups are not the only ones to blame. My heretical thesis is, that voters naturally lean center right on average, so a party that ignores this is going to shoot itself. An individual voter's ideas might be progressive but in the end political reality shows that voters prefer the egoistic approach (preserving as much benefits as possible for themselves) - in this regard the average voter is completely in line with the super wealthy elite. This is why I think it is not just the influential lobby groups but it is also this nation's egoism that causes the nation to have the government that it has now.