Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-14, 17:04   Link #1888
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
No need to wait, Get on it while it's hot.

Rebounding is a word that carries such a negative stigma in dating, I prefer to call it moving on.
I don't really think it's moving on. You're replacing one girl with another to fill a void, not having given yourself any time to think about what happened and about your own feelings. I know that garbage stereotype about how men aren't supposed to talk or think about feelings is still pretty pervasive, but let's move beyond it.

On the other hand, I suppose that if you were never really emotionally attached to the girl you were dating then it wouldn't be a big deal to replace her with another right away. Sort of like how when a light bulb burns out you don't think twice about tossing it in the trash and screwing () in a new one. I'm not sure whether that's objectification of women or not taking dating seriously, but I guess it could arise from either.

It's probably not a shocker for me to write this, but I find such views disgusting.

Take time for yourself to get to know yourself better, figure out what went wrong and how you could have handled things differently (be it reconciling conflicts, or recognizing fatal incompatibilities sooner), what your expectations are and whether they're realistic... you know?