View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 08:13   Link #74
Maerskian

Sorry for the long hiatus ..

I'm having some trouble following some series ... one part of me want to go ahead and finish 'em ... but it's a clear case of facts vs. fiction, facts being that "Tasogare Otome X Amnesia" , "Infinite Ryvius" , "Hakugei" , "Real Drive" , "Tsuritama" ... or "DT Eightron" & "Ozma" ( barely seen a couple eps " ) are stalled ... and can't find a good reason to resume any of 'em yet as all 0f 'em lack virtues or just pretend to mix too many things on the show that ruin the experience IMHO .

On the other hand, comedy shows like "Astro fighter sunred" & "Kill me baby" are the ones that keep me going on along with "Mouryou no hako" that keeps getting more & more interesting as i go further; "Kurenai" also seems to improve as they focus on the relationship between the two main characters, although still need to reach the famous ep 6 .

About Kurenai: I really hope they focus on this relationship with Murasaki as the other elements of the show are quite uninteresting ( there's a love triangle floating on the air already ... eek! ) . Now i realize... one thing i can't stand in mostly any show is the excessive mix of sub-genres; for example, shows like The Simpsons or South Park are mostly known for it's comedy gags, but when you sit in front of any of 'em, you find yourself losing time with too much dialogue or even lame-plots... or even very slight drama touchs that makes no sense on these type of shows, that's basically why i can't stand a whole episoe of 'em, just a 5 minutes "best of" of the aforementioned shows would be enough for what they're worth.

More or less... the same thing happens with many anime shows; "Real Drive" introduce a stereotypical hentai/Ecchi looking simple-minded character in mini-skirt on a show with a "supposedly" high sci-fi context ...

At this point, i dont' know if got rusty after all this time.... but the mix of opposite sub-genres on the same show makes it hard to follow ... even attitudes like one i remember from "Infinite Ryvius" : there's a scene that should imply great tension as two male characters are evacuating a spaceship that's sinking on some kind of gravity field ; at some point, the only thing one of these characters can talk about ( with a happy face ) is if he should date a girl he spotted during the evacuation process ; to me this look like the typical copy-paste lines i've already seen on dozens of anime series based on school environments ... but here, it feels absolutely out of place. This is just one example, but i'd say it's more & more usual lately in more recent animes ...... for me, opposite sub-genres on the same show is a dangerous unstable combination. It's not like japanese never succeded with this formula, in fact they opened new points of view.... but unfortunately, that's the tiny portion, as most of 'em are hard to stomach artifacts.

"Kill me baby" is exactly as ( Think it was Dawnstorm once again? ) described: maybe not the greatest show in its genre, but i just started with it a few days ago ...... and next thing i know... i'm at ep. 9 already ... so at least it's quite entertaining ... more or less, the same thing applies to "Astro fighter sunred" ; not an otherworldly show, plus you must have a thing for J-comedy/parody ... but it's an easy watch.

Anyways, need to keep getting hold of some of the other shows recommended on this thread as i foresee a void in no time as i only have 4 shows right now with few eps. left to finish

Cheers

Last edited by Maerskian; 2012-10-13 at 08:37.
Maerskian is offline   Reply With Quote