View Single Post
Old 2010-02-08, 11:36   Link #2097
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by uber View Post
All I want to hear are personal point of views/reasons. This has nothing to do with respect other people or not.

Since I konw the thoughts of Nanofaters very well, I would like to hear the other site. Where is the problem?
Because it's dead. Regardless of what you "think" there are only 3 shippings in Nanoha: Shiro/Momoko, Kyoya/Shinobu, Chrono/Amy.

That's it.

Everything else is still up in the air, as *every* scene can be interpreted one way or the other, so arguing about it is pointless. Asking about it,a nd your first post, merely shows that you have already made up your mind and thus just want to tell us how it is. Read the thread title: "SERIOUS DISCUSSION ONLY." You aren't giving the impression of someone who is really serious, except about finding out Yuunoha reasons just so you can attempt to strike them down.

And you know what? You CAN strike them down. Just as easily as NanoFate reasons can be struck down; it's a two-way street. It's not a very smart individual who attempts to convince people they are standing on shaky ground, while they themselves aren't moving from a collapsing bridge.

It really is possible for two people to be very close friends, without having a romantic attraction for each other. Nanoha seems to be this way with practically everyone.

The main reason why people hate this thread so much, is that enough Nanofate people have been so rabid, rude, and demanding to people of different opinions in the past. I came into this forum after most of that had gone on, and died down, I think, so I'm wasn't as heavy-handed towards it; but even I have seen it in ff.net reviews.

And you know what? It merely drives me further into other shipping camps, because I don't want to be associated with a group that harasses, calls names, and in general, makes itself look like a petulant child.

Lastly, I'm just gonna say in my personal view that Nanoha isn't about romantic attachments; it's about family relationships. Over every anime episode and manga chapter, you'll find that theme drilled over and over. Nanoha started with the normal family, but new and different family types popped up all over the place, from Hayate's unique group, to the Nakajima sister bunch.\

So *arguing* about romantic shippings is just plain silly, in my own view. Pick what you want if you plan to write, or seek fanart of, but just let everyone else do what they want to.

Respect other people, and they will respect you.

Last note: I would support locking this thread, too. On one hand, it doesn't bother me to have a place where people can discuss things. But on the other, this doesn't work well in this case, in practice. I'd suggest a number of people post with just "Lock this thread please" and after we get quite a few, I can beseech a mod with a well-reasoned request to lock it, based on the fact that it's not doing any good, and is just a source of flames.

Edit: Oh hey, someone wants to anonymously give me negative rep for "trolling relationships thread"? Very brave of you, and thanks for proving my point. Note that I don't really care about a broken reputation system that doesn't mean much, but I do find it amusing to be sniped by anonymous cowards. I'd have more respect for someone who could confront me directly.

Last edited by Kaijo; 2010-02-08 at 18:16.